Back in November I was invited to an evening with Hotter Shoes at their store in Exeter. I wasn’t really sure what to expect turning up at a shoe shop after hours! Although I was rather pleased that I would be able to browse without the fear of huge crowds!
The lovely staff at Hotter could not have been more friendly or accommodating. There was a beautiful spread of food and drinks and, from first glance, all of the shoes looked really inviting.
As more bloggers turned up, we had the opportunity to try on whichever shoes we wanted. There was also a large table of shoes which were all brand new ideas for Hotter. They asked us all to choose which ones we would like them to put into production. Here is a video of what we thought – including me!
I have to admit that I had enough problems choosing from the selection they already had so I put it to the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram vote!
There was A LOT of feedback. But in the end I had to go for purple.
Hotter shoes were founded back in 1959. This is a timeline of how they progressed:
- 1959 Thomas and Harriet Houlgrave set up a slipper making business
- 1990s Second generation Stewart Houlgrave takes over the business making and selling stylish and comfortable, high quality footwear
- 1996 Launch of mail order
- 1999 Purpose-builot customer call centre opens in UK
- 2002 1st retail store opens in Southport, UK
- 2003 £6m investment in new factory in North West England
- 2004 Introduction of www.hotter.com
- 2007 Further £1m investment in robotic production lines
- 2009 Re-launch of website
- 2010 Launch of first national TV advertising campaign and Hotter USA
- 2011 25th Hotter store opens
- 2013 50th Hotter store opens in Milton Keynes
Hotter pride themselves on attention to detail, an eye for colour and design and a passion for creating wonderful shoes that feel simply wonderful. They have the comfort concept feature in every pair they make including wriggle room for your toes. Hotter are the UK’s biggest shoe manufacturer – making a pair of shoes every 20 seconds!
They started off making slippers…now they make shoes as comfortable as slippers – and, after wearing my Hotter shoes on New Years Eve to boogie on down, I can safely say that they succeeded.
Disclosure: I was invited to a Hotter Shoes #ShoesieTuesday event and was given a pair of Hotter Shoes. All words, images and opinions are my own and have not been influenced in any way.