When the lovely people at Atkins and Potts got in contact with me, I popped straight over to their website to see what they are all about. Having worked with companies in the past who pride themselves on not mass producing their food, I was really pleased to see that Atkins and Potts work by the same standard.
All the sauces, spreads, pastes and condiments they produce are made in their Berkshire kitchen using the best quality ingredients. Nicola and Robert Young are the husband and wife team behind the range. They met in 2004 through their love of food. On their site, they have this to say:
Nicola: We like nothing better than having people over for dinner: bringing old and new friends together, experimenting with menus, bringing in new flavours or adding an interesting twist to a well-loved classic.
Some friends said they’d love to host their own gourmet dinner parties but they just didn’t have the time to source and prepare all the ingredients. That’s when we got the idea for Inspired Dining: everything you need to create a gourmet dinner at home.
Robert: We both grew up on farms, which means we attach great importance to the ingredients that we use. Obviously, you can’t beat cooking from scratch. But we aim to make our products as close to home cooking style as possible. We see ourselves as family cooks rather than fancy chefs.
Firstly, we were sent the Chilli Collection to test out. This box contained:
- 1 x Mango & Chilli Sauce
- 1 x Chipotle Chilli Sauce
- 1 x Green Bird’s Eye Sauce
I have used all of them to either marinade or use as a side for dipping. I even used them as a salad dressing. They have all worked equally well. You can really taste the quality. There is a hint of chilli in each one without it being over-powering.
We were also sent the Dessert Sauce Collection. This box contained:
- 1 x Milk Chocolate Sauce with orange
- 1 x Irish Whiskey Cream Sauce
- 1 x Raspberry Coulis
All of them, again, are totally gorgeous. I have used them with ice cream, strawberries and in yoghurt – and all of them really work. Atkins and Potts don’t shy away from their ingredients either. The detail printed on the bottle is also displayed clearly on their website.
I am really pleased to say that Atkins and Potts have given one of my readers the chance to win the two gift collections featured in this post and sample the sauces for themselves.
All you need to do is follow the instructions on the Gleam widget. Please see terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
- There is 1 prize of the Chilli Collection and the Dessert Sauce collection from Atkins and Potts – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Winners details will be passed to Atkins and Potts who will send the prize direct
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of the promoter (Verily Victoria Vocalises).
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 15 July 2014.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must log in via Gleam and leave a comment on the blog to say which sauce you would use and what food you would eat it with.
- Optional entry methods are on the Gleam widget.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email within 1 day of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Atkins and Potts are responsible for prize fulfilment.
- This is a joint promotion between Atkins and Potts and Verily Victoria Vocalises.
- Entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we were sent the Chilli Collection and Dessert Sauce Collection for the purpose of this review. All opinions expressed are our own and have not been influenced in any way.