This August sees the world’s first ever blogging festival. BlogStock 2014. From the 8th until 9th August 2014 a mass of bloggers from all niches will be descending upon Elstree in Essex to create, inspire, collaborate and, above all, have fun.
There will be teepee’s holding creative writing sessions, or you can amble through the woods enjoying a lesson on iPhone photography. There will be a main stage where you can sit on the grass and listen to talks on blogging. There are sessions on learning about alternative strategies for monetising your blog, ways to find your writing mojo and much, much more.
Partnered by Lonely Planet, Tots 100, Eat Like a Girl and The Fashion Galleries and sponsored by Mailchimp, this festival is sure to be one that no blogger can miss.
BlogStock 2014 is taking place at Aldenham Country Park, and it looks like the perfect location for this kind of event. Beautiful scenery (including a lake at the bottom of the hill), plenty of space and even local woodlands. The site is in very easy reach of London which makes it ideal for anyone living in London or catching public transport into the capital.
Take a look at this:
As well as all of the amazing sessions, there will be plenty of food and drink available with several options for all, as well as some of the sessions themselves having food on offer. There will be entertainment on both the Friday and Saturday evenings after the sessions end around 5.30pm. This will include live music on the main stage, a cinema tent showing kids films, a DJ and live comedy.
Accommodation options are varied. You will be able to camp at BlogStock – obviously the cheapest choice – there are several hotels within walking and driving distance, or you can bring a camper (although note that there are no electric hook-ups).
The gates will open on both the Friday and the Saturday at 10am and the sessions will run throughout the day.
There are a number of ticket options which range in price from £95 to £150 including family and group tickets AND (and this one is pretty cool) you can get a ticket and a tent for £115. And it does what it says on the can! You will get a ‘two man’ tent when you purchase this ticket. It will be pre-pitched (unless you say otherwise) and will be yours to take down and away with you after the event.
I am pleased to say that I have THREE Family Weekend BlogStock tickets to give away, worth £150 each. This ticket is for one blogger, another adult and up to two children. What it allows is for the blogger to attend all of the day sessions, and the rest of the family to join from 5:30pm, for the evening entertainment and other sessions. There is also have some kids’ entertainment in the evenings, such as a cinema tent.
This means that a family can come and enjoy the weekend, even if only one member is a blogger. Aldenham Country Park, where Blogstock is being held, is also a great place for families. For the kids, there are pony rides, a petting/feeding zoo, a rare breed farm and best of all 100 Acre Wood, which has all the settings from the Winnie the Pooh books (http://aldenhamcountrypark.co.uk/ThingsToDo/100AkerWood/). There is also a lovely lake, cafes and BBQ areas in the park area. All of this is linked to BlogStock, there is just a five minute walk down past the lake from the festival and the camping to the country park area.
If you aren’t one of the three lucky winners then I can also offer you 15% discount off of any ticket:
Terms & Conditions
- There is 3 prizes of a family ticket to BlogStock Festival on 8th and 9th August 2014 – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Winners details will be passed to the festival and they will organise your tickets with you.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of the promoter (Verily Victoria Vocalises).
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 14 July 2014.
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log in via Gleam and leave a comment on this blog post to say which session you would find most useful at the festival.
- Optional entry methods are detailed on the Gleam widget.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email within 1 day of the closing date and will need to respond with their details within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s names will be available on request.
- BlogStock is responsible for prize fulfilment.
- This is a joint promotion between BlogStock and Verily Victoria Vocalises.
- Entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions..