One of the things that was at the forefront of my mind last year was what I was going to wear to BritMums Live. I was a finalist in the BiBs in the Video category so I knew I wanted to be smart in the evening when attending the awards. I also knew from previous attendees that there is no way that you have time to go back to your hotel to change – there is FAR too much talking to do!
Attending the BiBs again this year there is less pressure on me as I am not a finalist BUT I do still want to look smart for the awards, so hunting around my local M&Co (we are lucky enough to have a large store here in Crewkerne) I noticed the perfect dress. Here it is:
A fab 1950’s style with a little bit of net underneath. Stylish enough to wear at the evening awards ceremony but comfortable enough to wear during the day too. Full price is £49 BUT there is a fantastic 25% discount on all of their items from NOW until 1st June 2014 at 23.59. They are also running FREE delivery with this too! This means that you can choose from some of these wonderful dresses with a range to suit many different shapes and sizes:
Click on the banner below to nip over to their website and saves yourself ££s!
Last year I learned my lesson the hard way on the shoes. I had some lovely cream sandals with a large heel but, with all the walking I was doing, I had major blisters come the evening. This year I have find some similarly stylish sandals but the heel is far more sensible and they match the dress perfectly. These are the shoes I shall be wearing:
These came from Asda and were a bargain at £14.
On the Saturday, as per last year, it is all about comfort for me! So it will be some easy to wear canvas shoes, leggings, t-shirt with my blog motif and my wonderful sponsor Zita West, and maybe a branded hoodie too!
At the end of the day though, it doesn’t really matter what we wear! One of the greatest things about blogging is that we have all met each other and got to know each others thoughts and feelings and decided whether we like them judged on this rather than their appearance. A great thing. Siobhan at Everyone Else is Normal has written a great post with these very thoughts in mind.
I also wanted to join the linky over on BritMums to introduce myself. So here is the answers to the questions they pose:
Name: Victoria Welton (or Vic or Vicky or Tori!)
Blog: Verily Victoria Vocalises (aka Vevivos – pronounced vee veye vowes)
Hair: Blonde, shoulder length
Is this your first blogging conference? No, I attended BritMums Live last year and also went to BlogCamp in Birmingham with Tots 100 this year.
Are you attending both days? Too ruddy right I am!! I did last year and enjoyed every second!
What are you most looking forward to at BritMums Live 2014? Seeing all my blogging friends and meeting more! I also love the way that these conferences reignite your passion for your blog just when you need it most!
I shall be staying at the Travelodge City Central and my roomie is my BBB (Best Blogging Buddy) Jaime Oliver at The Olivers Madhouse. I am also looking forward to staying in the same hotel as Charly Dove and Cathie Boyle (my co-blogger at kidGLloves). Watch out Travelodge!!
Some other tips for both days:
- Arrange a place to meet if you are sticking with certain people and you get split up (we did that A LOT!).
- Take a portable charger for your iPad, iPhone or whichever gadget you choose to use
- Take a canvas bag! You will get lots of bits and bobs from different PRs. The wonderful BritMums goodie bag will be passed to you on the way out at the end of Saturday.
- Take a bigger case than you need if you are staying overnight and travel light on clothes! It was a godsend to have a wheelie case with all the extra stuff I had to carry.
- Network with brands. There are plenty of different companies to chat to and a range of companies to suit lots of different bloggers.
- Take a look at the Agenda before you go so you have some sort of game plan!
- You don’t really need to do much writing – but if you do, last year there was plenty of wonderful pens and pads courtesy of Personal Planners but I found the best way was to take photos of the slides on my phone to refer back to.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself! I found the amount of people to speak to was overwhelming and I went to too many sessions and didn’t get much of a chance to speak to people I wanted to see! I intend to do more of that this year
I am an affiliate with M & Co but I have not been paid to write this post. I just thought others might like to benefit from their fantastic offer this week 🙂