When I was sent one of the latest recipe books from Parragon, I was rather chuffed. ‘Guilt-free Girl Desserts’ states on the front cover that this is a book full of ‘delicious figure-friendly recipes’ and they aren’t joking!
The Bonnie Marcus Guilt-Free Girl Desserts Book is a gorgeous recipe book that will ensure you look good and eat well! With over 50 recipes of delicious, good-for-you desserts, this collection will satisfy any sweet tooth without breaking any healthy eating plans. From fruity favorites to low-calorie twists on classic favorites such as cupcakes, this is a varied and tasty set of recipes for girls on the go!
It is set out beautifully with lots of eye-catching chapter titles such as ‘The Perfect Little Bite’, ‘Like a Big Warm Hug!’ and ‘Dinner Party Showstoppers’. Each recipe comes with its nutritional value including the calorie content. There are also lots of top tips too.
From the Super Chilled section, I thought I would share these rather lovely looking Mochaccino Pops at only 69 calories per serving!
- 225 ml cold skimmed milk
- 1 tsp powdered gelatine
- 5 tbsp strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 50 g sugar
- 25 g cocoa powder
- Half a tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into a medium-size bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Leave to sit for about 5 minutes or until the gelatine has softened
- In a small saucepan, heat the coffee over a medium heat until hot but not boiling. Add the sugar and cocoa powder, remove from the heat and whisk until the sugar and cocoa powder have dissolved. Add the vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk the milk mixture into the warm coffee mixture. Continue whisking for about 3 minutes or until the gelatine has completely dissolved. Pour the mixture into six mini ice pop moulds, insert sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve frozen.