When the autumn season arrives, we tend to hear a lot about certain changes to make to our homes and lifestyles, and for the most part they’re all the same. We have certain autumn decorations we like to get out of storage and put up around the house; we’re inundated with autumn fashion advice on new clothing and accessories; and of course, there’s annual autumn treats (such as those incredible pumpkin spiced lattes) to enjoy. But when you’re setting yourself up for a pleasant autumn, it’s important not to neglect your home!
To keep your home in tune with the season, here are 10 essential items and accessories you might want to pick up.
- Welcome Mat – Welcome mats are always nice to have outside your home, but during autumn – when the ground is often wet or dirty, and there are dead leaves and debris around for people to track in – it’s nice to invite guests to brush off their shoes! You can even customize one at mymat.co.uk.
- Leaf Blower – A leaf blower is essential for the autumn. As pretty as changing leaves can be, they can also take over your garden and driveway very quickly.
- Patio Heater – Many see autumn as the most appealing season, yet it can be a bit cold to spend extensive time outside. You can find a few solutions to this dilemma at My Smart Buy online, where there’s a nice selection of portable outdoor heaters. People always seem surprised by how well outdoor heaters work, but they really can heat up a whole outdoor area, and for the autumn this is a great way to open up the outdoors a bit more, both to yourself and to guests at your home.
- Outdoor Blankets – If the patio heater doesn’t suit you, or isn’t enough, consider picking up a few rugged, thick outdoor blankets to curl up in.
- Scented Candles – You can never go wrong with Yankee Candles, and the autumn is a great time for home scents. The season is all about atmosphere, and the right scent can give your home an added sense of comfort.
- Leaf Sweeper – The leaf blower is helpful, but if you’d like to explore another option, a leaf sweeper is an interesting alternative. These tools can collect the leaves rather than merely blowing them away.
- Humidifier – My Smart Buy has good options here as well, and a humidifier can work wonders for your home atmosphere (not to mention your skin!). Autumn means it’s time to turn on the heat, which means a lot of dry, warm air – the humidifier can keep your air more comfortable.
- Gutter Leaf Guards – Getting fallen leaves out of the gutter can be very tricky – if possible, install some leaf guards before they really start falling.
- Hedge Trimmer – With leaves, flowers, etc. fading away for the cooler seasons, the autumn is a great time to trim back your hedges and do some general garden pruning and organization.
- Pumpkins! – This is more about decoration, but still – pumpkins and similar seasonal decorations are absolutely essential for your doorstep and mantle!