Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes

I have to tell you something. I have always been pretty useless at making pancakes. One side was always fine – it was when the time to came to flip the pancake that I had a problem!! Well, see this photo of the pancake? did that! Yep, me. I was so chuffed. But I also have to tell you that I cheated a little. Once one side was cooked, I put the grill on high and put the pan under the grill. It worked! Once the pancake was all cooked and done, I slid it out onto the plate and folded it. It was absolutely yummy and is part of the diet I am following.

So, I would also like to share the recipe for Peanut Butter and Banana pancakes with you.

Ingredients (Makes 3 good-size pancakes)

• 1 mug of ground almonds
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 200mls coconut milk
  • 3 free range eggs
  • Wholeearth organic peanut butter to taste

The Method

1. Chop the bananas and mix all the ingredients together in a blender to form a batter
  2. Heat some coconut oil in a saucepan and pour some of the batter in to cover the pan – fairly thick amount of mixture
  3. Cook so that one side lifts easily
  4. Place the pan under a high grill in order to cook the other side
  5. Slid onto a plate, fold and serve with lemon and a handful of blueberries

It may be a small thing but it really was a Magic Moment for me. Making a decent pancake without it falling apart AND it being yummy too.

I’m linking up to Magic Moments at The Olivers Madhouse.

The other reason its a magic moment is because I am joining my first recipe link hosted by A Mummy Too

Link up your recipe of the week

And now my second recipe link hosted by Frugal Family

The Diary or a Frugal Family

1. June 30, 2013 / 10:36 pm

Sounds really good – and not a combination I would’ve thought to put in a pancake! Thanks for linking up with #recipeoftheweek 🙂 There’s a new one live now, if you want to join in x

2. June 6, 2013 / 1:58 am

Fab! We love pancakes, in fact I made them for the kids for dinner tonight 🙂 Must try this recipe though – sounds yummy!
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted..The Gallery – TwoMy Profile

3. June 5, 2013 / 12:59 pm

I will have to try this, sounds like J would like it for breakfast (as would we)!

4. June 4, 2013 / 10:04 am

Yum – this sounds amazing, especially with coconut milk – will have to try it out. We all love pancakes at home. My favourite is Nutella with sliced bananas with chopped almonds on top!
    MishMashMamma recently posted..It’s a beautiful dayMy Profile

5. June 3, 2013 / 10:48 pm

yay go you!! i have never cooked a pancake as i dont like them! i so wish i did though!

Thanks for linking up to #magicmoments x
    Jaime Oliver recently posted..Magic Moments 3/6/13My Profile

6. June 3, 2013 / 8:48 pm

Oh, you are naughty, now all I want is a pancake *dribbles*!! Super looking pancake at that xx
    Dragonsflypoppy recently posted..Magic MummyMy Profile

7. June 3, 2013 / 6:14 pm

I love a peanut butter and banana sandwich but have never tried it in pancakes!! But looking at the recipe it all in together so should be yummy……..might just try this at the weekend LOL
    Mum in Meltdown recently posted..Big DilemmaMy Profile