This post is an entry for BritMums’ Summer Turkey Recipe Challenge with Lean on Turkey.
As you may have read on my blog last Monday, I’ve started a new diet. This is geared toward busy Mums and making sure you get fit and healthy. So what better way than to use turkey in your recipe plans? The diet is also encouraging us to use as many organic ingredients as possible so I have tried my best with this too.
This week I prepared a Turkey and Sweet Potato curry. It was quick, easy, healthy and tasty. The ingredients were all things you can find easily in the supermarket if you don’t already have them in your cupboard. What more could we want?! Especially with a preparation and cooking time of just 30 minutes.
- 3 Turkey breasts
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teacup of vegetable bouillion stock
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Place the cubed sweet potato in water and bring to the boil until they are soft (around 15 minutes).
- Heat the coconut oil until blue smoke rises from the pan and then add the onions and fry until they are light brown; then add chilli and garlic and fry for 2 minutes stirring all the time.
- Add turkey and stock to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes (this should be happening whilst the sweet potatoes are cooking)
- Drain and add the sweet potatoes to the pan, stir and serve.
See? Easy as you like! I served it with some raw spinach leaves. Very tasty…so much so that Ross came back for seconds 🙂