NaPoWriMo Day 27 – Some Support

NaPoWriMo is all about a blogger friend of ours is having to go into hospital in May for a very high dose treatment of Radiotherapy. Emma Day blogs over at Crazy With Twins. She will be going into isolation for 5 days and then can’t touch anyone due to her radioactive state for another 28 days (it could be more). This means at least 33 days of no human contact, no holding her babies who are her life. On Monday I will be posting about how our blogging community can help Emma with a blog hop called Shoulder to Shoulder to Day (Emma’s surname is Day). We will be tweeting #S2S2D. In the meantime, here is a poem for her.

Some Support

Some support is what you need

Because you are a friend in deed

With the pain you will go through

It’s the very least we can do

To pick you up when you are down

Transform a smile from a frown

We don’t want you to cry those tears

We’ll be there through your fears

We know your children you will miss

Unable to comfort, hold or kiss

You are strong, you will get through

So to help, what you should do

Think of the day that will soon come

When you can hold your little ones

© Victoria Welton 27th April 2013

1. May 24, 2013 / 1:35 pm

Such a lovely poem, Vic. Great idea to pull it out today for Day 2 of #S2S2D. Wish I could write poetry like you……! S

2. Mrs Teepot
    May 5, 2013 / 2:51 pm

Such an awful situation to be in, I hope she is ok and gets through
    Mrs Teepot recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile

3. April 28, 2013 / 1:37 pm

What a lovely thing to do for a lovely lady, Vic. Count me in! The one thing that has really surprised me as a newbie blogger is the help, support and advice offered to those who need it. It’s such a lovely caring sharing community! Let’s all give Emma the help and support she needs at this really difficult time – I can’t imagine how horrible it must be for her, but hopefully positive support from us all will make it just that little bit easier for her. 🙂

• Victoria
      April 29, 2013 / 4:53 pm

Thanks Maddie, will do 🙂 x

4. April 27, 2013 / 9:07 pm

It breaks my heart to read this, such an awful, dreadful and cruel situation to be in.

So lovely of you to write this, and a support hop is such a wonderful idea.

Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On…

5. April 27, 2013 / 8:37 pm

It is such a heartbreaking situation. My heart literally sank when I read Emma’s post yesterday. How tough on her and the little ones. Life is not fair. You summed it up beautifully, she has to think of the day she will be able to smother her babies with kisses.
    Galina V recently posted..The yummiest chocolate face maskMy Profile