Girls Talk – a Wot So Funee Post #funee

I don’t know about your kids, but Grace has started making up songs, making up dances….making up, well, anything really and we, the grown-ups are her audience. On Sunday at my Mum’s house she treated us to two ‘songs’ on the recorder entitled ‘Gentle Breeze’ and ‘Loose Cats'(!), both of which were very made up!

Later in this week’s funee I bring you a sound byte of a song she made up in the bath last night called ‘Little Butterfly’. But first, the stories!

As most of you know by now, the beginning of last week was my week from hell, which turned into my week from heaven!! Anyway, I was driving home from school with Grace in the back and I commented that everyone seemed to be driving like idiots. Grace’s comment to me was ‘It’s that time of year where everything is iffy, people go mad and start crashing’! Oh, OK then!!

During bathtime one evening last week, I managed to get water in Grace’s ears when washing her hair and she shouted at me ‘Mum! You’ve got water in my ears, now there is going to be a river in my brain!’ Then, later on when I asked her what Ross had asked her to do, once she had confirmed what he said, she added ‘If he said something different then I won’t be pleased with you, it’s your fault if my ears don’t work anymore’!

The next evening Grace tricked Ross into getting her school bag for her by telling him she would give him chocolate. He came down to get it and then went back and asked for his reward. I then heard from upstairs ‘There is none, but you can go and get some of your own wine!’ Then added ‘I’m going to tell my Mum something, I’ll be quick as a swift!’

On Saturday I told Grace that I was very pleased with how much she had been helping me. ‘That’s OK Mum, when childs start to get bigger, they can do more favourite things for you!’

Mothers Day was superb. Grace and Ross brought me breakfast in bed together with a new mug which had lovely photos of Grace all over it and some beautiful flowers. I said to Grace ‘Thank you so much, I am such a lucky Mum’. ‘Yes, you are’, came the reply from Grace ‘and don’t you forget it!’

Once we had gone downstairs, Grace told me that she had a hole in her little toe. I had a look at it and joked with her ‘oh dear, there is a tiny hole, I’ll get my needle and thread and sew it up’. ‘Mum!’ she said sternly ‘you are NOT a well-trained doctor!’

Finally, here’s that sound byte I promised you…entitled ‘Little Butterfly’…..just click on the link below:

Grace’s Butterfly Song

Linking up with the MAD Awards Finalist Actually Mummy – why not pay her a visit?

Wot So Funee?

1. March 14, 2013 / 9:53 am

We must have similar little girls as my post this week is almost identical to this one!! I laughed out loud at the river in her ears…I hope it cleared and she could hear properly again ;o)
    Jess @ Catch A Single Thought recently posted..All Dressed Up?My Profile

• Victoria
      March 14, 2013 / 10:43 pm

I MUST get round to reading all the funees, I am so bad at that sometimes xx

2. Designer childrens clothing Dublin
    March 13, 2013 / 3:55 pm

This is so adorable. Little superstar!

• Victoria
      March 13, 2013 / 11:15 pm

Thank you – I think so, but then I’m biased – and thanks for visiting too 🙂 x

3. Emily
    March 12, 2013 / 5:34 pm

Lovely 🙂
    I loved making up songs when I was younger and Madam does the same, the performances are erratic but I enjoy her style.
    We could have the future in songwriting!!

• Victoria
      March 12, 2013 / 11:29 pm

I think it is hilarious when they do this – and kinda cute! 😉 x

4. The Mini Mes and Me
    March 12, 2013 / 2:05 pm

How very sweet 🙂
    You’re lucky, my daughter plays the cello, a nightmare to transport anywhere haha! x

• Victoria
      March 12, 2013 / 11:29 pm

Cello’s sound like a nightmare! When I say ‘play’ recorder….! 😉

5. March 12, 2013 / 11:15 am

She does have a really cute voice! But did I hear right that the last line of that song was something about killing someone… lol x Anyway as I played it my toddler stopped what she was doing and started swaying from side to side so clearly it was the most awesome song EVER. :)) x
    WallyMummy recently posted..Mother’s Day – A Message from the WallyBubbaMy Profile

• Victoria
      March 12, 2013 / 11:31 pm

Yep! Thats exactly what she sings – makes me crack up everytime! Aww, thats LOVELY, I’m loving that your toddler enjoyed it x

• Victoria
      March 12, 2013 / 11:35 pm

Funnily enough we were discussing that the other day! And yes, I think she does (doesn’t take after me there!)

• Victoria
      March 12, 2013 / 11:35 pm

Thanks Louise 🙂 x

6. March 12, 2013 / 7:20 am

Firstly, a huge congratulations on being MADs finalist, it’s so well deserved!!

I chuckled at the river in the ear. I may have, from time to time tilted my head and whacked my ear a bit to get rivers out of my brain 🙂
    Notmyyearoff recently posted..Little Things Little Z SaysMy Profile

• Victoria
      March 13, 2013 / 11:20 pm

Thank you SO much lovely 🙂 Funeely enough that was exactly what I was trying to explain to her to do to get the water out! x

7. Sonya Cisco
    March 12, 2013 / 7:05 am

I love her creative use of language! Will have to pop back to listen to the song- have a sleeping toddler next to me now!

• Victoria
      March 12, 2013 / 11:35 pm

I haven’t found her lacking in this yet! 😉 x

8. March 12, 2013 / 7:02 am

Bless her! She’s always very funny. Reminds me a lot of my little girl, who has also recently started playing recorder (unfortunately!).
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted..Photo albumsMy Profile